The World I Call My Own
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com

~Previous Posts~ ~Things to do~
  • Go Science Centre
  • Go to Zoo with them
  • Give Rick a treat
  • Lose 5 more kilos

~TagBoard~

~Credits~
  • diaphaneity dot com
  • Friday, September 29, 2006

    The World of Fatties

    When you start working, things like wedding... childbirth will slowly become a common topics among colleagues. I have a few colleagues who just got married recently. Today one showed us his wedding pictures. You can see his happiness when he went around flashing his wedding photos.. Isn't that sweet? But some people just have to make some stupid comments.. Like why don't they pose under a coconut tree? (Ya.. my colleague is an Indian from India) Why the wife so fat? They said all those in Chinese and hence my poor colleague didn't really get what they mean and smile when they were laughing at his poor wife. Then one of my colleague said that the wife don't look fat in a particular picture (she sounded as if she SHOULD look fat). I was really disturbed.. Hey, I'm fat too.. I know how hurting it is to be called fat. See.. Fat is not a sin.. So being fat you should be deprived from all the stuff? Being fat means you cannot get marry?

    I felt really disturbed by people who goes around commenting on others' figure. I felt disgusted when people have to comment on things like how fat the bride is and why they shouldn't get marry just because they don't look at nice in their wedding gown. I'm surprised by just how swallow one can be..

    I looked at my colleague who commented that the wife didn't look fat in the picture... Well.. frankly speaking she's not slim either... so she should very well understand... I despise those who are slim and look down on fatties.. I despise those fatties who look down on fatties even more.. *pui*

    It's pretty saddening to know that I have friends who are like that...


    link | posted by trom_piggy at 11:56 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela